EIT International’s Environmental Impact & CSR Statement
Environmental Impact Policy
At EIT International, we understand the importance of continually improving the efficacy of our systems and processes. This ensures that we are always adhering to best practice when it comes to protecting the health and safety of our staff and customers, whilst also reducing our impact on the environment and the communities in which we live and work.
Our team strives to maintain high standards of compliance with ever evolving legislation and endeavour to conscientiously drive towards a more eco-friendly approach in all aspects of what we do.
In order to consistently meet our objectives, we have set out a set of tenets that help to provide guidance for our employees and uphold our company sustainability values.
Consistent Ownership Culture - We ask that all our employees consider their environmental impact within all work processes and introduce measures to reduce the impact they may have.
Considerate Business Integration - We endeavour to integrate our environmental impact principles and practices into every aspect of the company so that they become second nature in everything we do.
- Responsible Resource Allocation - We strive to consider the allocation of resources to reduce waste and improve the efficacy of our goals to provide a cleaner, safer environment for the people around us.
- Regulatory Legislation Compliance - We will stay informed about changes to legislation and guidance in order to implement the necessary health and safety management practices required within our own company, and to enable us to advise and provide compliant services and products for our clients.
- Successful Performance Measurement - We will monitor our performance using appropriate metrics, to ensure that we are consistently upholding our health, safety and environmental impact goals.
- Continual Analytical Improvement - We will continually monitor and assess innovations in technology, resource management and stakeholder interests to ensure that our sustainability policies reflect the most up to date knowledge and work towards achieving maximum benefits.
- Committed Stakeholder Engagement - We promise to continually engage our stakeholders, clients and wider community in conversations about environmental changes and always encourage others to consider ways to reduce their impact.
- Purposeful Annual Review - We commit to reviewing and evolving our principles and processes annually to continually improve upon our practices and ensure that these reflect technological, legislative and industry best practices for sustainability.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Defining our Corporate Social Responsibility policy helps us as a company, to ensure that our practices align with our core values and business strategy plans now and for the future. Consistency is key, and our promise to work towards our CSR goals not only makes good business sense but allows us to continually improve the efficacy of our processes whilst building a better world for our employees and our customers.
Our goals rely on the following CSR principles:
- To ensure that our CSR goals are integrated and upheld across the company.
- To maintain timely and accurate compliance with changing legislation and guidance within the industry.
- To consider and implement measures to reduce our environmental impact throughout all company processes.
- To annually measure the results of our policies and strive to make improvements wherever possible.
The 3 key areas within our CSR goals that we promise to work towards include:
- Environmental Management – to encourage all employees to consider their environmental impact throughout all company processes, building towards a wider conscious effort to reduce our impact on climate change and the people around us.
- Responsible Trading – to encourage our clients and partner organisations to strive towards more environmentally friendly ways of working.
- Community Engagement – to ensure that we continually invest in support and development for our employees, educating and encouraging them to make informed and responsible decisions when it comes to caring for our environment, whilst also encouraging and enabling them to support their wider communities.
As part of our commitment to reduce our environmental impact and improve our corporate social responsibility, we have developed a sustainability strategy which actively allows us as individuals and as a company to achieve our environmental impact and CSR goals.
Travel and Meetings
- Avoid unnecessary travel where possible and instead, utilise video meetings or other forms of communication. The company is committed to supporting all employees to work from alternative locations where, and when required such as working from home.
- Where travel is necessary, utilise environmentally friendly methods of transport to reduce impact on the environment.
- Endeavour to choose travel options which are most beneficial to the environment, putting the need for sustainability above the need for more cost-effective options.
- Record travel emissions used to enable monitoring and efficacy reviews for fuel consumption, to continually improve upon impact prevention measures.
Responsible Resource Management
- Ensure that resource requirements are properly assessed and planned in order to reduce waste and avoid unnecessary excess which could negatively impact the environment.
- Minimise consumable materials including printing supplies, paper and use of disposable materials.
- Always recycle where possible and minimise the amount of non-recyclable waste material which the company uses. Where waste cannot be recycled, ensure that it is disposed of correctly and in a responsible way.
- Reduce energy consumption by implementing the use of energy saving technology wherever possible, upholding good housekeeping practices and by investing in responsible energy sources.
- Prioritise environmentally friendly resource purchases wherever possible such as purchasing consumables from eco-friendly, sustainable sources and companies.
Practical Advice for Clients and Adhering to Best Practice
- EIT International employees should always be aware of their responsibility towards environmental impact and sustainability when providing advice to clients.
- Provide opportunities for charitable work which enables us as a company to offset our carbon emissions and give back to our local communities.
- Provide a copy of our sustainability policy within all client proposals.
- Provide engagement opportunities to involve stakeholders, partners, clients and the wider community to discuss wider environmental impact issues and how to continually improve upon best practices.